Wednesday 12 October 2016

Phillip SGX APAC Dividend Leaders Reit ETF -- Picking my own cherries

My POEMS broker contacted me regarding subscription for the new Phillip SGX APAC Dividend Leaders Reit ETF.  0% commission fees for the new launch of the ETF.

No. I will give this ETF a miss.  The ETF may be good, but it just does not suit my investing style.  I do not like bundle.

I do not have STI ETF.  I do not have the full set of 3 Telcos.  I do not have the full set of 3 Banks.  And I will not have this Reit ETF.

Especially the yield of the bundle is much less than that of the individual constituents.  And for diversification purposes, A-Reit, Suntec Reit, Starhill, Cache, CDLHT and the new Saizen Reit all have exposure to Australia already.  So, I prefer picking my own cherries.

However, the components of the Reit ETF can be good reference for cherry picking.  The Singapore Reits constituents and their weightages include:

8.  Ascendas Real Estate Investment Trust (5.07%)
10. CapitaLand Mall Trust (3.97%)
11. Suntec Real Estate Investment Trust (3.36%)
12. CapitaLand Commercial Trust (2.81%)
13. Mapletree Commercial Trust (2.03%)
14. Mapletree Industrial Trust (1.95%)
15. Mapletree Greater China Commercial Trust (1.89%)
17. Keppel REIT (1.80%)
18. Mapletree Logistics Trust (1.63%)
24. Starhill Global Real Estate Investment Trust (1.09%)
25. Ascott Residence Trust (1.07%)
27. Cache Logistics Trust (0.99%)
28. Frasers Centrepoint Trust (0.97%)
29. CDL Hospitality Trust (0.97%)

Hmm, I am a bit surprised that Cache Log Tr is included.

Oh, the whole set of Mapletrees and CapitaLand Reits are included.  Need some cherry picking again... 

2 comments:

  1. Our own stocks can be ETF too.

    Your current 28 stocks can be grouped into 1-3 ETF.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MH,

      Yes. The STI component stocks can be a mini-STI-ETF, then a mini-REIT-ETF and perhaps one growth-ETF.

      Cheers,
      Farmer.

      Delete